Re: TOAD Access to other Schemas

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:18:05 -0700

On 6/28/07, Rich Jesse <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong, I still revere LCD (Least Common Denominator)
tools.
They are vital for scripting or critical emergencies where other tools
don't
or can't work.  However, for day-to-day activities as well as PL/SQL
development, I can be more productive with a fancy-pants GUI.  And I just
happen to think that Toad does a better job of that then anyone else.

<flamewar>
And, of course, I'm right.
</flamewar>

Hey, no problem if it works for you.

Off and on I work with SQL Developer.

It is a great tool, and I really like it for browsing schemas.

For many day to day tasks however sqlplus and vi are second nature.

It's difficult to change a productive habit when it works so well.
And for some things, I don't want to change. :)

--
Jared Still