RE: TOAD Access to other Schemas

  • From: "Brady, Mark" <Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>, "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:37:15 -0400

Toad now dynamically figures out Is ALL_ or DBA_ is available and stores
that for use in every query where there is an ALL_ or DBA_ choice... of
course not every DBA_ has an analog and Toad tends to choke then.

As far as Sql Navigator, When I evaluated it about a year ago, I
couldn't even connect to a database UNLESS AND UNTIL it ran a
'server-side script' to create a new user. Whereas in Toad you can do
most everything without a Toad Schema. I complained to Embarcadero and
they said, "Gee, why can't your developers make schemas in Dev."

I can see how someone un-oracle-initiated would see that as requiring
DBA access.