TNS:protocol adapter not loadable

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:46:36 -0400

I can no longer login to 9207 database on Windows 2003 from command line. I am getting ORA-12557: TNS:protocol adapter not loadable. The only difference that I am aware of since this last worked is that ORACLE_HOSTNAME Environment Variable was set and 10.2.0.1

has been installed on the box.

Oddly, it is possible to login to the database from SQLPlus Worksheet and the Services shutdown and startup fine from the Services icon works without any problems. It just seems to be the command line. Has anyone else run into this?

Booking a flight? Know when to buy with airfare predictions on MSN Travel. http://travel.msn.com/Articles/aboutfarecast.aspx&ocid=T001MSN25A07001