Re: TKPROF

  • From: Daniel Fink <danielwfink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: crcbedoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 07:51:43 -0700 (PDT)

tkprof is an o/s command line utility, not a sql*plus command.

I prefer the call to be

tkprof <tracefile> <outputfile> sort=fchela,exeela,prsela waits=yes sys=no

For a complete list of options, call tkprof without any files/parameters.

Regards,
Daniel Fink

crcbedoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to use the TKPROF command to format and analize a trace
file generated by SQL?. I generated a trace file named: prt_ora_12733.trc, I am
trying to get some detailed information because the trace file is quite big,
but I get an error in SQLPLUS when I try to do the following:

TKPROF prt_ora_12733.trc output.prf

Isabel Bedoya Gómez
 Centro de Gestión y Control
 Tel. 2307500 ext: