Re: TAF and node failover non RAC oracle 10.2

  • From: "Jeremy Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:51:52 -0500

Yes, this will work.  But you need to set LOAD_BALANCE=NO in your TNSNAMES
entry below so that your app always connects to node 1 unless it's down.
Also, you probably want to set your RETRIES and DELAY to higher values.

Hemant makes a good point that connect-time failover probably does what
you're looking for.  However one benefit of TAF is that if you have a
query-based application then the database driver can transparently
re-connect without returning any errors to your app.  Some apps don't
automatically reconnect to the DB when the connection drops and don't deal
well with this situation.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Schneider