Re: Sybase tool to compress Oracle (5 GB => 1)

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:03:15 +0200

I went over to sybase site and did not see that tool.
Can you provide a link so I can check it?

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Jesse, Rich wrote:

Applying "Method R" (been using that a lot today), the real question is
"Why?"  To fit the DB on an SD card for a PDA?  Hmmmm...that gives me an
idea...

I wonder what their compression would do to an ACID test.  I suppose it
would depend on where the compression was happening, whether it's via
PL/SQL or an external tool/hack or whatever.

Just thinking aloud...

Rich