RE: Suppress Logon Trigger for DBMS_JOB

  • To: <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:32:56 -0400

Hi, I dont know if you received my previous post since I lost posting priv for
some days. Theres another bug regarding oracle Logoff Triggers. Before doing
Logoff Triggers, PLS READ FOLLOWING NOTE!!!! (Note:2893546.8)

Bug 2893546 OERI:[4412] when BEFORE LOGOFF trigger enabled
This note gives a brief overview of bug 2893546.
Affects:
Product (Component)     Oracle Server (Rdbms)
Range of versions believed to be affected       Versions < 10G
Versions confirmed as being affected    9.2.0.4
Platforms affected      Generic (all / most platforms affected)
Fixed:
This issue is fixed in  9.2.0.5 (Server Patch Set)  10g Production Base Release

Symptoms:
        ORA-600 [4412]
Related To:
        Triggers
Description
        ORA-600 [4412] can occur when there is an enabled
        BEFORE LOGOFF TRIGGER which contains a ROLLBACK statement.

Workaround:
  Do not call ROLLBACK in a logoff trigger.

This has an awful effect on DBMS_JOB engine, it provoked all my jobs to run at
same time raising CPU to 100%.

Hope you find this information useful.

regards,
GAP