Re: SunFire Server Hangs

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 13:57:14 -0600

(resending - reject due to overquoting)

Also check whether any disk is on iSCSI and/or on a network switch/router that uses VLANs and Spanning Tree reconfiguration.

Specifically check whether one of the 'mandatory' mounts, or swap extensions is on such a remote disk.

/Hans

On 09/03/2015 10:52 AM, MacGregor, Ian A. wrote:
Well worth considering.   I'm not an expert on the machine architecture, but I think
there is a separate path for the system disks vs.  the "user"  disks.
If so then it seems that at least two paths would need to be unavailable.