Re: Sun Servers

  • From: Rayson Ho <raysonlogin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dedba@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 12:35:40 -0400

Solaris Zones are like LXCs on Linux, and WPARs on AIX - with those OS
virtualization techniques, you still run one OS kernel on each box.

LPARs are like XEN VMs on x86, and on SPARC T-series the equivalent is
Logical Domain, and on the higher end SPARC models, the mechanism is
Dynamic Domains.

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html