Re: Sun Servers

  • From: Mark Burgess <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: merrickronan1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 09:06:57 +1000

Ronan,

we have deployed a couple of X4-2L for a customer - environment is 11.2.0.4 on
Solaris 11.1 x86_64. I have been very impressed with what the Solaris
11.1/Zones/ZFS combination provides. We have the database servers on the X4-2L
mounting a ZFS storage server over dNFS via a 10G and 1G combiation. The X4-2L
have been provisioned with 4xF80 flash cards in them as well that have allowed
us to allocate specific flash devices to different zones as required. It is a
very powerful and flexible platform to deploy databases and application servers
on.

Regards,

Mark