Re: Sun + Oracle = Ra?

  • From: Stephen Booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:13:16 +0100

2009/4/20 Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>:

>> I think they want to sell you everything as a package. By the OS, Server,
>> database, Web server from us, oh and we also run the Java standard from us
>> also.

According to the page linked from the original mail they want to sell
pre-integrated systems.  Everything from the bare metal, silicon and
spinning rust through to the application front end is made by Oracle.
Presumably, in some cases, this could be delivered as an appliance.

Stephen

http://stephensorablog.blogspot.com/ |
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenboothuk | Skype: stephenbooth_uk

Apparently I'm a "Eierlegende Woll-Milch-Sau", I think it was meant as
a compliment.