Suggestions for monitoring tools?

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:03:38 -0700

I've been asked by one of our clients to take over monitoring their
Oracle database.   I'm still trying to find out exactly what they want
us to do;   to me that means running something like Spotlight from
Quest.  However, there's probably no budget to buy tools, and we are
exclusively Linux and Mac so can't run anything that requires Windows
(not without some pain, anyway).  So I'm looking for suggestions for
tools that run on some form of Unix, preferably a Mac.   Cheap or free
is secondary;  I might be able to get them to buy me something but
unless it will run on my desktop or one of our servers it won't do me
much good.  Oh, their database is running on a Solaris server.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

janine