Suggestion Regarding Cloning with Rman Dumps to test with out Name Change.

  • From: Sheldon Quinny <sheldonquinny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 09:02:08 +0300

Hi Guys,
I would like to have your suggestion to the below given problem faced by me.

I got 2 physical systems, one is production and the other is used for
Standby & Test.

Both are windows 2003, with oracle 10.2.0.4 .

The Production Database name is “MACPROD”.

Test DB is named “MACTEST”.

Standby DB is named “MACPROD”.

I have Rman Backups taken for the production DB every day.

I want to refresh my TEST database with the existing Rman backup Dump of
the Production.

Keeping in mind

1)      Production DB Name is “MACPROD”

2)      Test DB Name is “MACTEST”

3)      Standby DB Name is “MACPROD”

I was looking for a way where I can make use of the rman backups from the
production and clone the test without any disruption for the Standby DB.

Currently Issued faced by me is the DB Names.