Suggestion

  • From: hamid alavi <alavihamid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:24:44 -0800

Dear List,

I have a table which insert data by 300 users then they browse the
data then delete it(all thru a store procedure), in my store procedure
I pass a sequence number then insert this sequence number plus some
other data into this table then browse the result and finaly delete
these data with the same value of sequence,  in this way many users
can insert & delete data, MY question is IF I don't delete the data
and only insert it and in a time period as a window(mid night)
truncate the table would be faster or not?
Any idea?
Thanks,