Re: Stupid software requirements - need your examples

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:13:54 +0530

I think I shoud share one more story that can infrom sometimes requirements
are really not stupid..

It is a delivery desk with huge crowd of a fast food center, of centrally
located city. One one day delivery boy sees a dog entering into his shop. At
first sight he ignores the dog when slowly the dogs come near to the desk he
looks at it carefully. the dog has a bag around its neck.With one pas rested
on the counter with another paw the dog takes out a chit out of the bag and
gives it to the delviery desk. The delviery boy reads the chit and takes the
currency note wrapped in it and puts the burger on the delivery counter.
With the same paw the dog collects the burger and rasies the bag near to the
counter with his head and puts the burger into the bag. The delviery boy
looks at the dog with a smile and dog is still looking at the delivery boy
and ticks on the counter...

the develiry boy waits for few seconds and realises that he forgot to return
the change of 70 cents..and he returns only 50 cents..the dos again ticks
for remaining 20 cents. after collecting the entire remaing change the dog
leaves the counter.

On the second day again the dog arrives, asks for burger collects the change
and goes away..

on the third day the dog arrives with new requirment of pizza, collects the
pizza, delivery boy returns the exact change and dog goes away

on the fourth day dog arrives collects the pizza, this time the change is
not suffciently available so the delviery boy writes on the chit and gives
it to the dog. The dog goes away

on the fifth day the dog arrives with burger requirement, the delviery boy
does adjusts the price, gives back the change and burger the dog goes away.

the devleiry boy could not stop himself and he decides to follow the dog.
The delivery boy gets more and more surprises whn he is following the dog.
cause the dog can understand the meaning of each and every signal, turns,
sub-ways etc..and finally the dog reaches a to home away from the core
locality. the delviery boy also reaches..the dog comes at the door, looks at
the door, looks at the lock and goes to the window and jumps inside...

Immediately, somebody starts bitting the dog and dog starts crying with
pain..

the delivery boy could not stop himself and he ask the person inside to open
the door..

the person opens the door, the delviery boy starts shuting at him and says
what type of monster you are this doing is doing all the work you are
telling him..you can not get sucah a dog anywhere...

the house owner says look at me, if I was in good health, did I ever had
informed this dog to do this job who is only beloved to me now.., I lost my
legs. and like I used to open the door of my when I used to come from
outside, I want this dog also to do the same thing. In this week  this dog
has forgot to take the keys twice when ask for the pizza and now again today
when I order for burger..

what should i do..

Thanks!
Subodh