RE: Streams for one-time single source replication

  • From: "Ruel, Chris" <Chris.Ruel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 21:02:08 +0000

Yeah, it's not like riding a bike...I'm lucky if I remember the details of what
I did a month ago :)

So, I guess, if I had to make the decision, do I want simpler (but, might take
longer) I would go with DG Physical and drop the stuff you do not need
afterward.

To be more efficient, and perhaps learn a nice technology along the way (only
to forget it in 2 months) you could do Streams.  It's not like it is that hard
unless you start running into things like the apply process stopping randomly
or hitting conflicts, using triggers, etc.

While I am not experienced with it myself, some DBA's at my company have used
GoldenGate for replication...however, that costs $$$.

Chris Ruel * Oracle Database Administrator
cruel@xxxxxxx * Desk:317.759.2172 * Cell 317.523.8482