Re: Streams and realtime apply

  • From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:50:55 +0400

Hi Nassyam,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried multiple configurations / attempts to setup downstream
realtime capture.   A restriction I have is that the Primary database
cannot have a db link "to" the downsteam database.  For the setup /
instantiation I have a db link from the downsteam database to the Primary
database.

When I try:

  DBMS_CAPTURE_ADM.SET_PARAMETER(
    capture_name => 'STRM_CAPTURE',
    parameter    => 'downstream_real_time_mine',
    value        => 'Y');

I get the error

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-26761: Standby Redo Logs not available for real time mining
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOGREP_UTIL", line 177
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_CAPTURE_ADM", line 291
ORA-06512: at line 6

Any pointers appreciated
Rgds
Tony