Streams Propagation Errors

  • From: mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:10:27 -0700 (PDT)

Oracle 10.2.0.4 on RHAS 4u7

We're trying to setup a streams environment between two sites.  The network
between the sites is not the best.  When I start up the propagation process, it
dies within a couple of minutes i.e. it dies after 16 attempts.  I'm able to
tnsping between the sites and don't seem to have issues with that.  Our local
streams setup works.  I don't have any control over the network.

Just wondering if there are any settings within streams I can set before I open
a TAR with Oracle.  I'm convinced it's a network problem, but my manager wants
me to rule out streams before we pursue the network side.

--
mohammed