Re: Streams Instantiation Using RMAN Convert Database - 10g

  • From: Oracle Dba Wannabe <oracledbawannabe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledbawannabe@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 03:10:49 -0700 (PDT)

Or perhaps the source database remains online/available to users during the
'transfer of files' from one platform to another - but remains offline during
the rman convert command - even so, running the rman convert command on the
source would still lead to considerable downtime.
Sorry I forgot to mention this for a migration from solaris (sparc) to hp-ux
(itanium) - both big endian.