Strange RAC behaviour

  • From: johan Eriksson <johan.eriksson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:26:51 +0100

Hi all

I have a problem with our RAC env. which I cant figure out.

Oracle is 10r2 and the OS is RHEL 3 and we have 2 nodes in the RAC.

If i from machine 1 connects to rac1, rac2 it works and if I connect to
rac I am switched between the nodes as expected.
The same is for machine 2.

But if I connects from my pc (oracle 10r2 here also) and try to connect
to rac I alway gets into rac2, but 40% of the times I get the message:
ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

which I intertpret as it tries to log me onto rac1 but fails to do so.

Am I right in my assumption and where to start solve the problem?

/johan