Re: Strange Error In SQL*Plus

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 12:49:24 -0700

Sounds more like a setup thing, especially in user/group/ownership. I assume you are logged in as the s/w owner and the group matches the group info provided in the install.

First thing I's check - has root.sh been run? (see $OH/bin permissions on various files, especially oracle executable.)

/Hans

On 2017-01-17 12:22 PM, Scott Canaan wrote:

I am trying to create a new database on a new VM. The Oracle software has been installed, but when I try to run SQL*Plus, with no database, I get an ORA-01017. Normally when I do this, I get “Connected to an idle instance.” But I have 2 VMs that return an ORA-01017 instead and I can’t do anything.