Re: Storing the UTF-8 strings

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orasnita@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:46:36 +0200

Octavian,

if you set the character set to AL32UTF8 you can store UTF-8 in
varchar2 and clobs.
Please make sure you set the correct NLS_LANG on the clients side!
(e.g. if the client reads and writes WIN1252, set NLS_LANG correct!)
Oracle characterset handling is not easy, but it's consistent and working.

br
 Martin