RE: Storing blobs in database vs filesystem

  • From: "VIVEK_SHARMA" <VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:07:08 +0530

Mark, Folks

We are also facing a similar issue with our "Banking" Application
product where approx 1/3rd of the Database size is taken up by 1 Table
which stores the Customer Signatures in one of its LONG/LOB fields.

Database Sizes are in the range of a few Tera Bytes.

The Banking Product is a primarily Pro C Application, with java
functions too.

Qs When accessing the Signature, in case compression techniques are
used, is there a certain performance impact?

SOME ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ARE EMBEDDED BELOW IN CAPITALS.

Thanks indeed