RE: Storing and running a sql script in the database.

  • From: "Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB" <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 13:56:03 -0400

Isn't that a shame.  Here is my script:

column space_limit format 999,999,999,999;
column space_used format 999,999,999,999;
column space_reclaimable format 999,999,999,999;
select * From v$recovery_file_dest;
select * from v$flash_recovery_area_usage;

Running it as an O/S script is a breeze.....@xxxxxxxxx  Running it as a
Database script is a mess...create a procedure, use dbms_sql, create
some cursors, etc.

Logically, it seems that I should be able to store the 5 line script "as
is" into the database and run it.

Tom