RE: Stored Outlines and Optimizer Mode

  • From: Paula Winkler <pw41972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:34:30 -0800 (PST)

Thank you Niall and Lex for your responses.

We have a 3rd-party Oracle8i system running under the RULE-based optimizer.  We
have identified a handful of poor performing SQLs.  We can't change the
generated SQLs therefore we are looking into using stored outlines to store the
access plans for those exceptional SQLs.  Our thought is CBO would kick in for
the SQLs with the stored outlines and RBO would kick in for the other
acceptable SQLs.  Does this sound like it will work?

- Paula W.

Do you Yahoo!?