Storage options?

  • From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:43:38 -0800 (PST)

I just got pinged from one of our development directors about a possible
project coming up in the next fiscal year and I need your input on storage
options.  This is going to be a massive 40TB+ project and it's mostly for
archival of blob-type data.  ~200,000,000 rows * ~200K blobs.  Obviously we
haven't even talked about indexes or access patterns but this is going to be a
read-only type system of archived data.  I'm sure price is going to far exceed
performance when the rubber hits the road at the mgmt level.

We are currently an all EMC shop but we looked at IBM's storage and found it
unacceptable.  Looking for solid storage vendors who could provide this type of
storage at a 'reasonable' price.  Any thoughts?

Thanks - Brian

 Make Yahoo! your home page