Storage Survey

  • From: Mary Cross <mary.cross501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:30:43 +0800

Hi Folks,

Hope you don't mind if I make a quick survey to those who would the have
time to reply.

I'm just wondering what sort of storage solutions most shops use these days,
for example, in my case:

Large investment bank, using HDS with TrueCopy for DR, the Storage folks in
the company say we've standardized on RAID 7 (not too sure about the
accuracy of this).

It would be great if you could mention the industry that you work for and
the "size" of your shop/operations (SME, large enterprise, etc).
My reason for asking is that I want to learn more about a particular storage
technology, of course it would help my employability if I know more about
the most widely-used set up.

Thanks!
Mary