Re: Steps/DOC for Physical Standby with Real-Time Apply -Creation with Rman Tool.

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sheldon Quinny <sheldonquinny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:47:06 +0000

real time apply requires standby logs to be created (that step may not be in
the "how to create a standby database using RMAN" excerpt from the docs for
your version.

Configuring standby redo logs is in the docs at
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/create_ps.htm#i1225703
Starting real time apply is at
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/log_apply.htm#i1022881

--