Re: Statspack consolidation

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: daniel.hubler@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:55:14 -0400

On 4/29/05, daniel.hubler@xxxxxxxxxx <daniel.hubler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are contemplating creating a single Statpack database, on one
> server/instance,
> and pushing all of our Statspack data to it.  This would probably include
> data from 7-8 instances.
> We are guessing that we are not the first to consider this.
>=20
> Does anyone have any guidelines/comments/horror stories/direction  to giv=
> on this idea?
>=20
> Any thoughts appreciated!

Approach it like supporting rman catalogs:

one schema per supported version within the same database, e.g.:
perfstat817
perfstat920
perfstat101

you're going to have to disable constraints during import if you use exp/im=
p.
beware of using direct=3Dy with exp on 10.1.0.3 (bug).

partitioning the larger tables would be an excellent idea.
perhaps you might even want to export the data as a transportable tablespac=
e.

I looked at this long ago, but then was cured of CTD so I never completed i=
t.

Paul

--=20
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
-- f=3Dma, divide by 1, convert to moles.