RE: Statistics collect ESTIMATE x COMPUTE

  • From: David Roberts <big.dave.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 21:56:45 +0100

You haven't mentioned your database version, however assuming you are not
on 8i/9i, then the supported use of the analyse command is limited to
collection of chained row statistics and structure validation.

As mentioned you should primarily be looking at DBMS_STATS to gather
general statistical information.

Also note DBMS_STATS benefits from patented estimated stats gathering
algorithms that did not exist when the analyse command was coded!