RE: Statistics Problem on partitioned table

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mohamed.houri@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Jonathan Lewis'" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 08:06:46 -0400

I fail to understand why the --+ gather_plan_statistics execution of the
simple count I requested is not forthcoming.

Now it does leave out the table access for the non-index columns, but it
should tell us a great deal about what the optimizer thinks is the cheapest
way to get the relevant rowids from all the partitions and the plan should
show what the CBO has estimated along with the actuals.

Fragmentary revelation of the underlying facts (obscuring, for example, that
a view was involved) does not make it easier for folks to help you explain
what you're asking about.

Please try to make it easier.

mwf