Starting named services at DB start

  • From: Steve Baldwin <stbaldwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:48:35 +1000

Hi all,

(Oracle 11.1.0.7)

We're using named services to implement application node affinity on a RAC
database.  These services were created using :

srvctl add service -s srv_xxx -d rac11d -r rac11d2 -a rac11d1 -P BASIC

When the database starts up these services need to be started explicitly
using :

srvctl start service -d rac11d -s srv_xxx

I see that in 11.2 the srvctl add service command takes a '-y AUTOMATIC' to
start the service when the DB starts.  Is there an option in 11.1 that I've
missed or is it just not there?

Thanks,

Steve

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email.