答复: Standy database / RMAN

  • From: "qigong" <qigong@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:50:14 +0800

Rman is much better than script hotbackup.Rman backup datablock but os
hotbackup backup datafile.Rman will validate block's head and tail =
during
backup,so it
don't produce extra redo.Rman has many advantages.Setup rman is easy,you =
can
choose catalog or use controlfile store rman metadata.
By the way,why do you choose logical standby?It has many restriction.

-----=D3=CA=BC=FE=D4=AD=BC=FE-----
=B7=A2=BC=FE=C8=CB: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx =
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
=B4=FA=B1=ED Manjula Krishnan
=B7=A2=CB=CD=CA=B1=BC=E4: 2004=C4=EA9=D4=C21=C8=D5 23:38
=CA=D5=BC=FE=C8=CB: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
=D6=F7=CC=E2: Standy database / RMAN=20

Hi:
=20
I want to implement both 9i Data Guard and RMAN on one of our servers =
(AIX
5.2, Oracle 9.2.0.4 64 bit). This server is in the process of being =
tested.
It will go into production sometime in October. Hot backups are =
currently
being performed nightly (just with scripts no RMAN).=20
1. I want to setup RMAN. How easy or difficult is it to switch from =
these
scripts to using RMAN?
2. I also want to implement logical standby for max availability.=20
           -- When the data is refreshed for going live, will it affect =
the
logical standy in any way. I think I will have to recreate it.
         -- What about RMAN? How will the backups using either RMAN or =
the
scripts affect the standby?
=20
I am reading the Oracle DataGuard (rel 9.2) on technet and other related
metalink documents.
=20
What else do I need to be aware of? Please point me to anything else you
think I should read before getting started.
=20
Thanks,
=20
Manjula
        =09

Recent messages - //freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2004