RE: Standy Startup READ ONLY

  • From: "Pabba, Chandra" <Chandra.Pabba@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:32:58 -0500

Joel,

I am assuming this is Oracle10gR2.  If yes, when you use STARTUP on a
physical standby database it mounts it as standby and opens read only.
If you just use STARTUP MOUNT, it mounts in standby mode. In other
words, the two methods you have included are same, as far as it is
Oracle10gR2.

Thanks
Chandra Pabba

  _____