RE: Standbys and Temp Space

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <klange@xxxxxxxxxx>, <gundogar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:36:49 +0800

just to back track ... my  description of adding a TEMPFILE "locally"
at the Standby was in the context of the original question whether
the TEMPFILE from the Primary site needs to be copied to the
Standby Site (the way Datafiles are copied to create the clone).

At 09:53 PM Wednesday, Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yes, but you can open the physical standby read only... let them do some
reporting -- hence need temp tablespace.  Then restart managed recovery.
Now tempfiles are there permanently...  And in an emergency that step is
already done making failover more automatic.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
x72546