Re: Standby redo logs

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mwf@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:39:36 +0200

Thanks Mark for the point - sometimes a delay is the crucial point and
argument for a standby DB.

Is there a performance difference in Real Time Apply with or without
Standby Redo Logs?

Thanks
Martin

Am 31.07.2014 18:10, schrieb Mark W. Farnham:

> One additional point: SOMETIMES a standby is configured with an
> intentional lag in the application of the redo as a protection against
> logical corruption of your database by any of programming error, hacking
> attack, insider malfeasance, <and more than I can think of>. In that
> case lacking standby redo logs is useful to prevent accidentally
> starting the lagged (possibly remote) version of the database.

Usn's IT Blog for Oracle and Linux
http://www.usn-it.de

Twitter: @MartinKlierDBA

performing databases