Re: Standby on Same box

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 08:36:33 -0200

if you want minumum downtime, you can also have a 4 node RAC with a 4
node RAC as standby... on a redundant storage using asm high
redundancy... but that would be a bit of an overkill. And minumum
downtime implies that there should be no unplanned downtime. There was
another thread where planned downtime was discussed, and I believe
every database should have planned downtime in order to apply
patchsets to the db engine and all that stuff.

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Associate