Re: Standby databases and batch loads

  • From: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:31:12 +0100

Yes you can still do it,
look in the Dataguard doc for handling the 'nologging' operations. They give
details about how to do it.

On 3/15/07, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everybody:

This is something that seems to be straightforward enough , but still.
If I have a database with several large tables which are loaded daily in
append mode (Oracle 10G),
can we setup a standby database? Based on what I know from the oracle 7
version (that's the last
standby database I handled), the standby database is based on reading the
archived logfiles
and applying them to the standby DB. If I do loads in append mode, which
do
not create any
logfiles, it seems to mean that standby database is not even an option in
my scenario. Am I correct
or am I missing something here?

thank you

Gene Gurevich