Re: Standby database looking for old archive

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:15:19 -0800 (PST)

The current archives are all there...It is calling for ones from early February
which are long gone.

  I am guessing I might have not copied over a file and I am trying to figure
out which one.

  Yes I put the files in backup mode before I copied them over.
  My archive are automatically coming over.

Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    kathy,

  You don't say this, so I'm going to ask. After you put the tablespaces in hot
backup mode and copied them over, did you also copy over archive logs since
putting the tablespaces in backup mode up until after you took them back out of
backup mode and applied them to the standby? (I know it's obvious, but
sometimes....)

  Finn

  On 2/25/08, kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Sorry  I forgot 9i
on Windows

  and when I do a recover standby database it gives me

  ORA-01194: file system needs more recovery to be consistent

  I already put that tablespace into backup mode and recopied it over again

  still the same deal.

kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    My brain isn't working... I know there is an easy way to determine what I
screwed up...

  Anyway... my standby database got corrupted so I put did a hot backup and had
to copied over all the files this weekend.

  Created a new standby controlfile.

  Started up the standby and it is asking for an old archive log.

  I thought I did this before and figured out which datafile wasn't copied
correctly, put the tablespace in backup mode and recopied it over and voila it
worked.
  But for the life of me I can't remember how I did this the last time... old
age I guess...

  I don't want to have to copy the whole thing over again.

  Any one have any ideas?

  Thanks,

  Kathy