Re: Standby Database performance

  • From: kapil vaish <kapilvaish1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx" <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:32:56 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for all the answers, awesome team. Here are some answers to your
questions .
Manual means thru scripts only, this is not Dataguard . There is no issue in
shipping time, we hae plenty archived logs available on the standby server to
apply. The lag becomes 30-40 hours in 3-4 days and will continue to grow . This
DR  is used for multiple purposes and we can not afford this much lag . This is
3 node RAC BTW.
What we are trying to figure out is that if it is limitation of Oracle and it
can not get any better or some other tunings can be checked. We are continously
working with our storage/hw teams to take care of any contentions .