Re: Standby Database from HP-UX to SUN

  • From: BN <bnsarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:21:59 -0500

Greetings,

Since my UNIX SA already copied all the files, I wanted to see what happens

Here is the flow :

strup nomount pfile=standby.ora;

No problem

alter database mount standby database;

noproblem

recover standby database;

Oracle complained about log corruption...

ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
ORA-00399: corrupt change description in redo log
ORA-00353: log corruption near block 5176 change 7923581296103 time
04/16/2006

Here is Oracle's Reply:

1)You can not just move files at os level from HP to sun
2) It reads the controlfile but cant read the blocks because the format is
not compatable across the platforms. It attmpts to read teh header blcoks
for the datafiles and signals
corruption.

End of Story.

Regards & Thanks