Re: Standard Edition standby database

  • From: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:37:38 -0600

I've got an SE standby database up and running and scripts shipping the
archivelogs and appying them automatically.  (Thanks, Tim G.)  My latest
problem is actually doing a manual switch.  I'm getting the following
errors:

ORA-16014: log 1 sequence# 127 not archived, no available destinations
ORA-00312: online log 1 thread 1: '/u05/oradata/dbatst/redo01.log'

I've been researching Metalink, but haven't found an answer yet.
Apparently, a few people who have SE solved the problem, but they didn't
post the solution in the thread.  Since the posts are a couple of years old,
I don't know that I'll get a response back from the emails I sent out.
Everything I've read so far in the docs assumes you're EE, not SE.

Does anyone on this list have a solution they would be willing to share?

Sandy