Re: Spool To More than 1 File

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: all_about_oracle@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:46:44 -0700

I am curious about the comment "you can't use variable here"
If it refers to not being able to use the spool cmd with a substitution
variable, it is incorrect.

Here is a bit from a script:

col crole noprint new_value urole
prompt Duplicate which role? :
set term off feed off
select lower('&&1') crole from dual;
set term on

define dup_file=_&&urole._grant.sql

set echo off term on feed off
set trimspool on
set verify off pages 0 line 200

spool &&dup_file

Jared

On 6/8/05, Oracle <all_about_oracle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You got the answer?
>
> Here is what I going to do
>

> Spool /tmp/hardcoded_file.txt #you can't use variable here
> select sysdate from dual;
> spool off
> host /usr/bin/cp /tmp/hardcoded_file.txt /tmp/hardcoded_file2.txt

Jared Still