RE: Source Control for DB objects

  • From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dunbar, Norman (Capgemini)" <norman.dunbar.capgemini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 19:22:52 +0000

I use PL/SQL Developer it is simple and works great, and it has plugins for
Source Safe and Subversion or TortoiseSVN. And for $180 you can't be that.
Toad would be nice but is so expensive plus it seems cumbersome. There are so
many menu options.

As far as source control I think I would like to use Subversion but I am not
just sure how to configure it for our environment.  Is it possible to just
check out a single file from a project and not the whole project?  I don't
really want to check out all files in a project if I am only changing one, or
if another person needs to modify another file in that same project I don't
want to have to worry about merging.

Jeff Chirco | Database Administrator
o 949 509 6374

about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk