Re: Soundex in other language

  • From: "Amit Verma" <in.amitverma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: legedoos@xxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 01:33:26 +0530

We have soundex in our project, and we comes to now few things:-

 {Your questions - answer (1)}
1. It will work only on characterset of the oracle you have chooseen
'English' or 'french' etc.
     1st word 'for' in english  2nd word 'par' in french  -> Not Match
  -> But words meaning are smiliar

2. If only works only smiliar sounds.
     1st word 'Amit' 2nd word 'aMit'   -> Match

3. If you change the sequence it doesnt work:-
      1st word 'Amit Verma' 2nd word 'Verma, AMit'   -> Not Match

--
Amit Verma
Oracle DBA & System Adminstrator

E-Mail:- in.amitverma@xxxxxxxxx, v.amit@xxxxxxxxxxx