Re: Some body know the impact in performance of unused database options installed

  • From: "ed lewis" <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ORACLE-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:48:49 -0400

        I only install only the options required by the app, and have not had
any issues.
In many cases, the app did not require any of the options (including java),
which made things even
simpler.

    I've inherited databases that had many if not all options installed, when
only 1 or 2 options were needed. These installations would sometimes have issues
with upgrades, and patches.  It's very frustrating having upgrading issues, but
more
so when the issue is with an option that is never used.

    More options create more objects. This will have an impact on
backups/datapump.

    Keep it simple.