Re: Some body know the impact in performance of unused database options installed

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:46:46 -0600

You are correct.

SAP tends to use the database as a dumb data bucket. Not really much 'RDBMSing' going in.

/Hans

On 21/10/2014 9:40 AM, Iggy Fernandez wrote:
I believe that the SAP data dictionary is an application-specific data dictionary. However, the Oracle data dictionary still exists.

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:55:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Some body know the impact in performance of unused database options installed
From: jcdrpllist@xxxxxxxxx
To: iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If I remember SAP did that, created all by themselves.

    At the risk of being booed, I cannot help thinking that the
    database with the least overhead as well as the most secure is one
    that has no data dictionary or options whatsoever; that is, one
    created with CREATE DATABASE and nothing else. Yes, you will be
    able to create users, tables, indexes, etc but you will have no
    data dictionary whatsoever. No DBA_TABLES. No overhead and no
    "attack vectors" either. Am I completely crazy? Stark raving mad?

    Iggy

    P.S. With just a little extra, you will be able to create PL/SQL
    functions, procedures, and triggers.