RE: Some body know the impact in performance of unused database options installed

  • From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jcdrpllist@xxxxxxxxx" <jcdrpllist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 08:40:51 -0700

I believe that the SAP data dictionary is an application-specific data
dictionary. However, the Oracle data dictionary still exists.

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:55:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Some body know the impact in performance of unused database
options installed
From: jcdrpllist@xxxxxxxxx
To: iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If I remember SAP did that, created all by themselves.

At the risk of being booed, I cannot help thinking that the database with the
least overhead as well as the most secure is one that has no data dictionary or
options whatsoever; that is, one created with CREATE DATABASE and nothing else.
Yes, you will be able to create users, tables, indexes, etc but you will have
no data dictionary whatsoever. No DBA_TABLES. No overhead and no "attack
vectors" either. Am I completely crazy? Stark raving mad?
Iggy

P.S. With just a little extra, you will be able to create PL/SQL functions,
procedures, and triggers.