Re: Solutions for a parallel system

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx, Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:46:14 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ram

Here is my take offcourse i would be very keen to know
about others viewpoint as there was one question that
was asked to me in a interview recently regarding this

1)Replication that includes
Streams,(which is slow)
Quest Shareplex (its good)
Golden Gate Software (its very good and was used in my
project in prefernce to Streams)

2)Standby's
Using SRDF/ASRDF you get disaster recovery and very
little maintainence to do very fast no effect on the
primary database very very useful if you perform
ocassional no-logging operations.Uses storage CPU
cycles so no performance drag on primary

Oracle 11g's Active datagaurd but you cannot perform
nologging operations on primary

Oracle 10g's restore points and flashback database but
the logs from primary wont be applied when you open it
for read write ,and you cannot do nologging on the
primary database.

3)Materialized view and Transportable tablespace
Not really in the same league as the two above
If you are poor then you should investigate this
option.

regards
Hrishy

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/