RE: Solution to 100's of Oracle clients installed with Net8 and local tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:53:01 -0500

Yes, we did something very similar with SunOne (formerly iPlanet).  The =
problem comes in with all those Support bux that we pay that don't do us =
squat when Oracle Networking takes a dump.  Will it happen?  I doubt it. =
 But I'm not willing to bet my future paychecks on it.  We're sticking =
with ONAMES -- for now.  Maybe 10g will be (is!) different.

Rich